#1 Best Choice Overall
- Swivel headrest
- Best applied ergonomics
- 120-diplom backrest adjustment
#2 Runner Up
- Alloy steel made-up
- 3D live back technology
- Installed air pockets
- 100% Polyester fabric
#3 Best Performance
- Compact design
- Padded black mesh backrest
- Ability to hold more than 330 pounds
- Adjustable arms
What is scoliosis?
Scoliosis is a condition where the supine twists and curves to the side and can occur in people of every age but mostly starts in young children. If you’re seated for long hours then already strained muscles put you in a lot of pain and uncomfortable position. So,sitting long hours in an office with scoliosis with a normally crafted chair is a pain in the ass and you might want to know the best office chair for scoliosis in the market.Read on!
How to sit in a chair with scoliosis?
Sitting in a chair with scoliosis is not very comfortable as the disease puts a lot of strain on muscles but with the right chair and correct posture,you can reduce that pain and make sitting bearable.It is critical to find a chair that suits your body volume and other measurements so that you can give proper lumbar support to that tilted spine of yours.Avoid slouching or leaning forward/backward as it can be harmful to your condition.Some chairs are designed in a way that they provide numerous exercises while sitting on them so that option can be very beneficial to avoid stiffness and soreness of your muscles.
Are ergonomics applied chairs beneficial in scoliosis?
Yeah,the ergonomic chair is the best solution for scoliosis and they are designed in the best possible ways to reduce the pain within the side back,head and neck.They correct your spine posture and help align that spine of yours preventing extra strain on the muscles.
Best Office Chair for Scoliosis Buyer’s Guide
We will enumerate and explain some of the features to look for before buying the best office chair for scoliosis.
Considering that you are going to sit in your office chair for long hours,you must opt for a chair that relieves your muscles.And,if you are suffering from scoliosis,that’s an additional pain to bear so adjustability must be the top priority.You should look for a chair that has the ability to be raised up or down;headrests even the armrests can be adjusted as well.Make sure you can adjust the lumbar support as well so that your spine is aligned.
When you have scoliosis,your chair must have the capability to allow your neck along with your back to be rested easily.Cushioned backrests are your way to go in selecting the scoliosis chair.
People suffer from scoliosis along the length of their spines differently so you need to find a chair that fits your stability well.Some people might need more lumbar support than head support.
Good office chairs for scoliosis are designed in various sizes for the space of your office room and your body volume.You should purchase your chair by keeping in mind your body mass and office space measurements.Standard measurements of those chairs range from 10-20 inches in width and 15-20 inches in height.
You should keep in mind the durability of your office chair and the quality of the material it is made from.It should not buckle or bend during usage so this feature must be kept in mind before purchasing.
This must be kept in mind because you are already suffering from scoliosis and don’t want to put further strain on muscles.If you have a smaller office room then go for a smaller-sized office chair.Your chair material must have proper cushioning and a wider base so you don’t face any difficulties during those hectic office hours.
The Best Office Chair For Scoliosis Reviews
To help you in choosing the best office chair for scoliosis,we are going to list some of our top picks that are available at Amazon.
SIHOO Ergonomic Office Chair
- This chair is one of the best office chairs for scoliosis in budget terms.
- The main reason for its being top of our picks is due to its lumbar support.This chair has a lumbar pillow that gives the lumbar spine a sense of relief and cushions its muscles as well.
- Due to applied ergonomics this chair has a layout that provides backbone rest equal to that of a natural spine.
- Its 120-diplom backrest adjustment along with polymer PP cloth material makes it the best chair for scoliosis.
- Models the shape of the human spine
- No padding in its structure
- Not recommended for taller people
Steelcase Gesture Chair
- The Steelcase Gesture with the 3D live-back technology is designed to provide support and flexibility to your body movements.
- In addition,the edge of the seat can bend across the perimeter as well so that’s beneficial for your thigh muscles as well.
- The material of this chair is polyester upholstery which is tender and breathable making it one of the best chairs for scoliosis.
- 12 years of warranty
- Soft and breathable material
- Live 3D technology
- Lumbar support isn’t adjustable
Modway Articulate Mesh Office Chair
- This chair features a nicely padded black mesh backrest and offers a pleasant sitting experience.
- You can easily adjust the height of your chair by adjusting its backrest.
- This chair also has a one-touch button for adjustability and stability of your lumbar spine.
- It comes with the ability to hold more than 330 pounds which defines the durability of the material used to form its structure.
- Weight holding capability of 330 pounds
- Comfortable padding
- Available in a variety of colors
- Lesser adjustability
- Weak lumbar support
Serta Hannah Microfiber Office Chair
- The chair attached to a desk is designed for comfort and specifically tailored for individuals with scoliosis.
- It is one of the most trusted brands in back support and provides the best chairs for scoliosis.
- It comes equipped with full padding from bottom to top, providing plenty of cushion support to the back and neck.
- While other chairs rely on a simple mesh upholstery,it offers a buttery soft finish.
- This desk chair is available in seven colors with a variety of options.
- You can adjust the seat height from 18 to 21.75 inches, and you can also shift the arm height from 26 to 29.75 inches.
- Waterfall seat edge for better circulation
- Easily adjustable recline settings
- Headrest and backrest cushion
- Its microfibre material can retain heat.If you are someone who sweats a lot then this chair will leave you drenched in sweat for long hours.
La-Z-Boy Trafford Big And Tall Chair
- If you want to give a polished look to your office then the aesthetics and structure of this chair will be the best choice for you.It is also the best living room chair for back pain sufferers.
- It features flexible air technology with lumbar cushions that automatically flex as you move.
- This chair has the capability to hold more than 400 pounds and is designed for taller and larger size people.So, if you usually suffer from shorter size chairs due to their instability then this is the right one for you.
- 360 degrees swivel capability and waterfall seat edge offers a pleasant experience.
- Sleek leather upholstery
- Responsive cushions
- Wider dimensions for larger size people
- Reduced breathability due to the leather material.
Alera Aleel42me10b Elusion Chair
- It combines a timeless design with premium comfort to your office space.
- It is a multifunction chair that comes with backrest and neck rest as well.
- Its padded material is made-up of memory foam and its seat has a forward rotation option that makes it the best chair for scoliosis.
- Waterfall edge seat along with adjustable armrests are one of the key features to beauty of this masterpiece.
- Forward tilt
- Comfortable with a premium design
- Foam cushioning
- Limited movements
Herman Miller Aeron Chair
- When it comes to ergonomics features,it has a pellicle suspension backrest that provides eight zones with varying tension to relieve the strain in your spine.
- It also has a variety of tilt angles that allows you to change its direction and height giving maximum lumbar support to your body.
- The designers installed one of the best key features in its structure, which is its adjustable armrests.
- Warranty of 12 years
- Mesh material
- Available in various sizes
- Adjustable lower back
- It doesn’t offer neck support
This article explains to you all the basics and essentials to have in your pocket before purchasing the best office chair for scoliosis.We crafted the best scoliosis chairs available on Amazon with respect to budget-friendly and portability features.However,SIHOO ergonomics office chair is our favorite choice from all the chairs described above as it is superior in functioning and durability as well.
At wisehealthtips.com, we strive to provide you with resources and research-based information for your healthy living. So, stop neglecting those small mistakes and start acknowledging these guided steps towards a prosperous healthy future!